Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Parting is such Sweet Sorrow

Well, it is time to wrap up our visit.  The last 18 days have sure given us all a lot to reflect on.  We are all scrambling to keep up our journals, share our pictures, and get one last shot in with the babies.  Most of us have left on a set of "quick dry" clothes and have left out a pair of clothes to wear on the plane.  Can't really sit next to someone smelling like baby poop for 16 hours!  I am carrying home a little bit of George as a result of a direct hit with a sneeze on our visit to the BBB.

We are warned by Kevin that our suitcases will be going through a special screener to ensure that we have not taken any of the babies when we leave.  I am pretty sure that Janet is plotting how she can get one home, we shall see.

It is tough to say good bye to the kitchen staff.  We have had to walk through the kitchen every time we go to our room- most of the time I say something clever (they probably have no idea what the heck I am talking about) and that causes me to forget what I was going to the room for.  Then I would go back so I could remember and go back through the kitchen keeping my mind focused on my goal and realize I forgot a key (Linda and I were sharing)....needless to say, I walked through the kitchen ALOT!

Sometimes the girls would be singing (and we did make them sing with us - we made everyone sing with Takwava with us), sometimes they would be feeding a crowd, sometimes all alone.  There was a never ending line of mouths to feed (including ours).  They were such nice people - we had lots of questions for them, they even had some questions for us.  Sweet, sweet people.

We arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare and some Kwachas that need to be spent and shop one more time for souvenirs.


Once we arrive in "Joburg" airport, which is like an upscale mall - Janet hunts down some contraband eggs with toys in them - apparently we have outlawed them in the US because of choking hazards for young children....it is only fitting that she brings them home after all the potential choking hazards incidents we have left behind.                                                                                      

Just 20 more hours and we will be home!

Tomorrow will be my last post - of Parting Shots and Lasting Impressions.....

No comments:

Post a Comment